Monday 15 March 2010

BaBa Black Sheep

Sam Patel was here from Mumbai. He said at Arti yesterday, "I am no singer or poet but I am going to recite a nursery rhyme." So saying he recited the following:

Baba black sheep have you any school
Yes sir, yes sir all around the world
One for the scoundrels
One for the thieves
One for the fortunate few
Who make it up the Hill

This reminded me of a story my mum told. When she was about three or four, Baba came to visit, and asked her if she knew a Baba song. Very proudly she said, "Yes Baba!". Then she proceeded to sing the original nursery rhyme, Baa Baa Black Sheep!!! Baba and the mandali with Him fell about laughing, and my mum says that she, as a little girl, felt very proud that she had made Baba happy. Jai Meher Baba.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews