Sunday 11 October 2009

Random talk

I was riding on tbe bus back from Meherazad with my dad this afternoon (11 October 2009). We sat next to two people who were talking so loudly it was hard to hold a conversation with the person sitting next to you. They were talking about masters, I think one of them came originally for Osho (Bhagwan Rajneesh, as he used to be). The talk progressed from that to other masters - Sai Baba of Shirdi, Upasni Maharaj of Sakori, Babajan..what kind of energy they found at each place, how they preferred one over the other, you know the sort of thing? We are talking Perfect Masters here, not holiday resorts!

I was trying to doze off during the ride. Not doing anything meaningful mentally, really. But I still found this conversation disturbing. Remember what I wrote about being present in His Presence? Is this what we have to look forward to, spiritual tourism? It is cheap to come stay in Meherabad. A lot cheaper than staying in Pune to be at the Osho commune. Or at some other spiritual centres. We actually have one individual who has been living in Meherabad for a few years now who came from Pune to settle here because it is so cheap. I find him very difficult to be around. Forgive me Baba.

Eruch only let me come and stay in Meherabad/Meherazad when he felt I had to give up something important to be there. Should this not also be the criteria we apply to people who come to stay for the longterm in Meherabad? I was not staying on Meherabad property, using Trust resources or in any way using the Trust. Still he felt that even to have the privelege of living in my parents' home to be able to work with him and help in his care, I needed to give up something. Erico and Heather are prime examples of giving up everything to be with Him. They could have had lives in the USA, they were well able to afford very good ones. Still, they came here and stayed and served and served. Erico even paid the ultimate price for living in Meherabad. Heather will, with His Grace, come back and eventually take up again her role as Trustee. My salutations to these two stalwarts, and may we all learn from their examples. Jai Baba.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews